Licensed Speech Therapist and Pathologist Volunteer
Center for Health Service helps children with special needs, our commitment is to improve lives we provide education, health care, support, fund research, increasing awareness and advocate advocating for children and adults with social, learning, developmental disabilities and genetic disorders. Our goal is to provide services to families with Autism, Down Syndrome, Sickle Cell Disease and Diabetes. We partner with health care facilities, schools, corporations, families and communities in the Chicagoland area.
You will have the opportunity to work with children of all ages, young adults and adults diagnoses, including autism spectrum disorders, down syndrome, ADHD, and other behavior disorders, mostly children with intellectual disabilities.
• Complete an evaluation and determine appropriate diagnosis for each children or adults
• Administering diagnostic evaluations as necessary
• Create and implement individual treatment programs for children
• Work both one-on-one and in groups with your clients.
• You will have the independence and flexibility to plan your own sessions with clients
• Attend meetings to share material, concerns, and new techniques with the team.
• Interacting with and educating parents on therapy approaches and at-home strategies
• Develop new roles within our growing organization, bring in new ideas for support group.
• Maintain collaboration and communication with parents, teachers, allied disciplines, and physicians by completing progress
and evaluation reports.
• CFHS has multiple locations. Increase exposure and opportunities. Work in the community, at home, our center, with parents, schools, pediatricians, and healthcare professionals.
• Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology Required
• Valid Speech Language Pathologist license (IL) verifiable.
• Minimum of 1-2 years of experience is Preferred.
• Have Certificate of Clinical Competency (CCC)
• Have the ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Have excellent time management skills
• Be licensed in Illinois
• Love children
Flexible part time positions
Opportunity for Advancement within the position
Unlimited Opportunities within the Organization
Energetic and supportive company environment
We are growing quickly and seeking the top talent in the Chicagoland area to uphold the high standards our clients have of us. If you are interested in being considered, please apply today!