Special Event Coordinator Volunteer
Center for Health Service helps children and adults with special needs, our commitment is to improve lives we provide education, health care, support, fund research, increasing awareness and advocate advocating for children and adults with social, learning, developmental disabilities and genetic disorders. Our goal is to provide services to families with Autism, Down Syndrome, Sickle Cell Disease and Diabetes. We partner with health care facilities, schools, corporations, families and communities in the Chicagoland area.
We seek a resourceful, self-motivated and detail-oriented intern to provide assistance with special events and projects. Flexible positions available.
• Assist with general information queries for Center for health Services Programs and services.
• Coordinate communications between President, organizational staff and members.
• Work with the fundraising team to produce and execute a viable fundraising plan
• Perform administrative tasks tied to project development and event coordination.
• Clients contacts as needed
• Produce marketing materials as needed. Establish filing, reporting and tracking for projects
• Assist with our social media page as needed
• Online research into fundraising possibilities with our database
• Coordinate the development stages for new and potential project.
• Lead, plan, guide, coordinate, and implement signature events, and other special events in collaboration with different organizations.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to excellence, the ability to think and learn quickly, must be self-sufficient, strong organizational skills and attention to detail, a high level of competency in using popular office software (particularly Microsoft Office). Strong web research skills, grant writing experience a plus, enjoyment in interacting with others, and an appreciation for the activities of the nonprofit sector.
Professional and positive attitude a must; relevant previous experience a plus. BS/BA a plus.
Hours: Flexible and part time positions available